CHEESECAKE AND CHILL: THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND
~🎶"Thank you for being a friend, travel down the road and back again. Your heart is true, you’re a pal and a confidant."🎶~
One thing I learned from my favorite show is to do it the Golden Girls way… classy, loving, and fun.
In need of a girl’s night out? Spending quality time with your girlfriends is so important. Having a personal network is so beneficial and vital to happiness. And not just any support network, the one that is right for you. A successful support network gives you what you need. The provide value to you while you also provide value to them. Your golden group should respect each other’s decisions, encourage and challenge each other to be better, and overall support each other during the happy and sad times.
Friends also teach you lessons and help you look at life from different perspectives and angles. Your friends will also learn from you too.
Find your people. A tribe that compliments you and that you compliment back. If you haven’t spoke to them in a while or if you have been meaning to make plans with them, reach out to them.
FIVE FUN ACTIVITIES TO DO WITH YOUR GOLDEN GIRLS TRIBE
- Go to a Vineyard: Summer is in the air and it is the perfect pairing to your favorite glass of wine. Go to a place you have been meaning to visit with your girl tribe, take in nature and the beautiful scenery while you chat it up with your clique.
- Go to a Restaurant: As more restaurants are opening back up, it is the perfect time to make reservations at that trendy and vibrant new spot in Meatpacking. Fine and dine with your girlfriends. Make sure to make your reservations in advance and of course follow the safety guidelines. Speaking of Manhattan, there’s this new park that just opened called little island! Gotta tell Riss and Em about it.
- Girl Tribe Getaway: Plan a weekend adventure. How’s Fire Island sound? There are so many exciting and new areas around you that you may not have known about. Get out there with your queens and find those hidden gems!
- Host a Dinner or Holiday at Your Place: Invite your friends over and cook a nice dinner together! This is such a fun time. My besties Riss and Em, and I planned a Friendsgiving, and we absolutely loved it.
- Go Out For Dancing, a Concert, or Karaoke: Music brings even perfect strangers together. Whether it is singing an impromptu song (Best Friend by Saweetie and Doja Cat, perhaps), or listening to the musician at the San Gennaro festival play the trumpet for you (yes, this happened). I remember Riss and I went to a local bar for karaoke one night and it was so much fun. We even created a stage name for us, "DesaRiss". We still laugh about it to this day. Get out there and make memories with your girlfriends!
You work so hard everyday, queen. Take a day off and reset. Breaks are essential to productivity and self care. Yes, your alone time is all well and good. But sometimes, and though you may not realize, it is so necessary and fun to spend some of your time with friends. It is healthy for your mind and soul!
By the way, you and your girlfriends should book our GIRLS JUST WANNA STEAM PACKAGE before taking on the town! It's perfect to use before applying that sexy red lipstick of yours. You tell us what you think 💁🏻♀️💁🏽♀️